Saturday, February 22, 2020

Sunday Stealing

Getting to Know You

1. What is your favorite color? Cubbie blue.


2. If you could get on a plane tomorrow and travel anywhere, where would you go? Hollywood! The TCM Film Festival is coming up and this year, I can't afford to go. But I want to. Desperately.


3. Were you closer to your mother or to your father? My mom.


4. What is your favorite meal (savory and dessert)? Friday I had the best burger -- with bacon, cheese and a fried egg. It was freaking HEAVEN! So I want that again. Fries. Cole slaw. Coke or a beer. And a Dove Bar for dessert.


5. Can you wink with each eye?  (How about curl your tongue)? Yes to all.


6. Beach or forest? Forest.


7. City or farm? City!


8. Would you rather be blind from birth or turn blind as a teenager? No, thank you. OK, I'll be a good sport and answer the question: blind from birth.


9. Would you rather always be overdressed or underdressed? Need more definition here. Do you mean overdressed as in too elegant for the situation? Or overdressed as in a down coat on an 80ยบ day?


10. If you could pass alone one of your attributes to your children, which would it be? My conscience.


11. What are you most insecure about? My financial future.


12. What are you afraid people see when they look at you? Nothing. The older I get, the more invisible I feel.


13. What is the saddest you’ve ever felt? After John Kerry lost to George W. Bush. I put everything I had into that campaign and it literally broke my heart. John Kerry is smart and decent and dedicated. He deserved better, and our country deserved him.


14. Would you rather have your own private island, or your own private jet? Island. I will name it Galtopia.


15. How do you think you will die? I have a strong feeling that it will be fast. I don't know if it'll be a fatal stroke or heart attack or a cataclysmic accident. I don't dwell on it much.




10 comments:

  1. I was not a good sport and used the Kobayashi Maru option on some questions.
    I agree that there is some invisibility to us as we age, or rather, there seems to be. Very interesting subject too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to think about death either. I live about an hour from Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Galtopia, eh?

    Is it worth a visit in my private jet?

    ;O)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your comment about John Kerry brought back a memory. My then-teenage daughter was at a friend’s house, and I drove over there to pick her up. Parked my car on the friend’s driveway. No big deal, until I tell you that my car had a John Kerry bumper sticker, and the friend’s father was running for Congress ... as a Republican.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your answers. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel invisible too. What is it with getting older? I never felt that way when I was young. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many very sad moments after elections. I hope there is not another one in November.

    I am always interested in the TCM festival, especially after your descriptions. But I doubt I will ever get to one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh--I should have said your answer for #11! So true and so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the name of your island. I feel invisible, too, but also fat. Invisibly fat? Fat and invisible? Hmm. Maybe a big fat ghost.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh. I didn't even think of finances on #11, but yes, definitely! I feel for you on #13. I have worked hard for a candidate, too, and it is so disheartening when they lose.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.