Saturday, August 24, 2019

Bad news for Bernie

In 2016, my high school student nephew idolized Bernie Sanders. Bernie was the first politician whose words made sense to him. Because of his tender years, he was unable to contribute to Bernie's campaign coffers, but he worked around it by spending his allowance on every bit of Bernie merchandise he could lay his hands on.

Three years later, he's in college and canvassing for Elizabeth Warren in Davenport, IA. He was really stoked. He's a poli-sci major at Western Illinois University, and Warren was one of the candidates who reached out for help from the students. He was thrilled to be asked, thrilled to work on a real campaign, thrilled to help someone he now believes in 100%.

I'm proud of him. Jealous, too. Working a campaign for candidate you believe in can be as thrilling as falling in love. While I know that, of course, I won't vote for President Pussy Grabber, I haven't yet fallen in love.

And I'm sorry for Bernie Sanders. For if my unshakably loyal nephew can be persuaded to move to her camp, then the momentum is definitely in her favor.




2 comments:

  1. I love hearing how your nephew is evolving and growing and hitting his stride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she's better prepared than Bernie. I love Mayor Pete. He could be the one. My niece went to Harvard with him & said he was the smartest man that she ever met...

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.