Saturday, December 01, 2018

Saturday 9


Call Me (1966)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) Chris Montez sings that you can always call him, regardless of the hour. Do you believe that it's ever too late to phone someone? Growing up, my mother always often told me that "polite people only call between 9:00 and 9:00." I still live by that.

2) He insists that you can depend on him, even when your friends desert you. Who is someone you can trust to have your back, no matter what? I'm pretty lucky in this regard. I have good friends. I was touched the other night when my friend Kathleen told me I should reach out and depend on her more.


3) Billy Crystal serenades Meg Ryan -- via answering machine -- with "Call Me" in When Harry Met Sally. Answering machines have been replaced by voice mail. Who most recently left you a voice mail? Lifesource wanted me to donate blood.

4) Chris Montez is a graduate of El Camino College in Torrance, California. The average daytime temperature in November in Torrance is 70ยบ. How is the weather where you are today? Rain and mid-30s.

5) Today Chris actively promotes a healthy lifestyle to children. He was honored for his efforts by the group SOPA (Stop Obesity, Promote Activity). Do you believe you get enough exercise? HA! Hell to the no.


6) Released in late 1965, "Call Me" became a big hit in 1966, reaching #2 on the charts. Even though it sold millions of copies and was certified as a Gold Record, it never hit #1. Is winning, or being the best, important to you? Not really. I think I lack a certain killer instinct.
 
7) In 1966, when this was playing on juke boxes, kids were watching Batman and Star Trek. If you had your choice of watching an episode right now, which would you choose: Star Trek or Batman? Batman. Always. Adam West was freaking magnificent.


 

8) Also in 1966, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay was born. Do you enjoy cooking? See #5

9) Random question -- You have the opportunity to perform in the circus! Would you rather be shot from a cannon, or put your head in the lion's mouth? I'd prefer to be ringmaster. But since that isn't one of my choices, I think I'll trust the lion.

7 comments:

  1. We have the same answer for #5, it seems like most of us here Sat 9 lead a sedentary life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 - My mother had the same telephone rule! I also still live by the 9-to-9 code.
    #9 - Not sure I'd trust any cat. Mine were always pretty devious.
    Happy Saturday, and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember anyone ever specifically saying 9-9 were the acceptable hours to call, but somehow that's still pretty much the rule for me. Adam West is the only Batman that counts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will trust the lion too. My thought was they are trained for this. I love animals. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up with the same phone rule. But now I've got my friends and family trained to almost never phone me and email or text instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that 9 and 9 rule. Back in the day of landlines that rule made a lot of sense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adam West was magnificent, wasn't he? I remember hurrying home from school to watch Batman.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.