Sunday, August 05, 2018

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 5

Today's happiness: Katharine Hepburn Day on TCM. I love Summer Under the Stars, that movie lovers' August holiday where TCM devotes 24 hours to a single star. Today, that star is THE star: The Great Kate.

Here it is, Sunday night and it feels like noon. Time flies by with Kate. Plus, I haven't gone anywhere today so I haven't spent any money. TCM is helping me stay on budget.

My favorite of today's offerings is The Philadelphia Story.  I've seen it gazillion and a half times -- recently on the big screen with my movie group -- but it still charms me every time.


Shortly after this scene, Kate (as Tracy Lord) delivers the perfect description of the morning after a boozy night before: "Here I am, standing solidly on my own two hands, going crazy."



via GIPHY

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.



 

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.