Tuesday, April 24, 2018

It earned me a hug

I sent an admittedly corny "get well" card to Napoleon's mom, Randi, who is still in the hospital. The card had a cat on the front, and inside it said, "Hope you are feline better." I slipped a $5 bill inside and attached a little kitten ornament to the envelope. (I got the ornament for $1 at a fundraiser my village held to raise funds for the animal shelter.)

Apparently this meant a great deal to her. She's got the ornament and card next to her hospital bed because, as her husband, Caleb told me, "they remind her of this guy (Napoleon)." He thanked me and gave me a hug.

I want her to feel more normal. She appreciates me because I treat her like a woman, not a homeless woman. I imagine that most of the other patients have get well cards and flowers and gifts. Now she has a card and a little giftie, too.

Doing this made me happy, and it earned me a hug!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.