Tuesday, April 24, 2018

April Challenge -- Day 24

Learn more

Something you miss

The mall. I went to Carson's on Sunday because that's the best place to buy my favorite jeans. They are going out of business. It was miserably sad. Carson's -- originally Carson, Pirie, Scott and Co. -- has been in the Chicagoland area since before the Civil War.

To get to Carson's, I had to pass Toys R Us. Their liquidation sale is in full swing, too.

The other anchor stores in that mall are JC Penney and Sears. Were I a betting woman, I would have put money on those two going under before Carson's.

I used to love going to the mall. I enjoyed people watching, wasting time in the food court, window shopping. It was a destination, even if all I needed to buy was cat food.



 


If you're interested in seeing the April Challenge prompts and joining in, click here.

2 comments:

  1. I miss the excitement of a shopping trip to the mall, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of them will hold on, but not many I reckon. They're overhead is horrid, and they just can't compete.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.