Sunday, November 05, 2017

Or I could just sleep



This was one of those rainy days when nothing went right. I overslept ... the sky was gray and the drizzle was continuous ...  my optometrist stood me up (the office was locked tight and no one was answering the phone) ... I'm worried about my friend in California, and about Henry, who has fresh new money troubles on top of his ongoing ones ... The book I'm reading has become unremittingly sad ... I'm discouraged about my own inertia. I got a freelance assignment from a friend-of-a-friend and I just haven't done anything on it. I literally can't afford to be so lackadaisical about this side job.

So what did I do? I napped.

I woke up and ate dinner. Then I went back to bed.

Am I worn down by worry? Will all this sleep leave me feeling rejuvenated?

Or am I sliding into depression?

Stay tuned ...



1 comment:

  1. This time of year is a struggle for me. The changing light patterns, the artificial manipulation of time changing. Moving toward hibernation mode of our everlasting Maine winters. Ugh. I hope you are rejuvenated by your sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.