Sunday, January 08, 2017

OneWord: FOCUS on my empty wallet





FOCUS
verb
to concentrate: to focus one's thoughts


My goal in 2017 is to be able to point to concrete achievements, accomplished because I continued to FOCUS. This weekend I stayed focused on money, and I'm proud to report I stayed on budget.

I had allotted $50 for groceries/household supplies this week, and spent $51.41. I gave myself $50 in spending money and today my wallet is completely empty,* but I didn't go over. (And I paid cash for Kathy's birthday lunch!)

I know it's still just January, but I think I can maintain this. I just have to FOCUS.



*Really. All that's in the coin section of my wallet is a paper clip and a breadbag tie.

2 comments:

  1. I was going to question the breadbag tie in your wallet but stopped myself. I have peculiar things in my wallet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! Focusing is what gets us to our goals.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!