Tuesday, August 09, 2016

The power of "thumbs up"

I decided last month that I needed to add more people into my life. Specifically, good girl friends. I believe I have two good candidates, Joanna and Nancy.

Truth to tell, I think I like Joanna better. But she has definite drawbacks, like I think she will soon be moving back to New Orleans. Then she'll be like Barb and the guys in Key West and my oldest friend: long distance.

Nancy is right here in my neighborhood. Nancy is smart and we're like minded. And Nancy almost always "likes" my Facebook posts. I don't have a lot of FB "friends" (just over 50), and with a small pool I don't expect everything I post to get a "like." Yet I notice that Nancy and I are so on the same page that she "likes" my stuff.

That matters to me.

Before the month ends, I've got to call Nancy and set up a playdate.


2 comments:

  1. I have too many "friends" on Facebook and will thin them out next year when I retire and don't have to stay "in touch" with mere business acquaintances. Would love to connect with you on Facebook and start "liking" your posts! :) Search for Terri Kelly D'Orsaneo if you would like to connect! Get a lunch date set with your neighborhood friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for making friends!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!