Tuesday, August 09, 2016

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 9

Look at my happy kitty
Today's happiness: sunshine on my face. I had a tough day at work today. Because my boss is a dick. (More on that some other time.) 

I had to get away from my desk. When I slipped my book into my purse, I thought I was just going downstairs to the cafeteria. Then I thought, no, I'll go to the Italian cafe at the other end of the building. Then I thought, no, I want (deserve) a beer, so I went to the Billy Goat Tavern.

It's just a few blocks from my office. Less than 10 minutes on foot. But the walk to and fro did the world for me. Sun on my face. Sun shining off the bus shelters. The sidewalks filled with rubbernecking tourists. It all made me happy. (The cheeseburger and beer helped, too.)
 
Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

If you want to play along, just come back here (meaning to this blog, not this individual post) each day in August, looking for the happy cat. Every day I will try to have a post with the headline: August Happiness Challenge: Day [X]. Leave a comment and then post your own daily happiness, with August Happiness Challenge in the title to make it easy to find. 


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes getting out of the office is all it takes. I'm blessed with a boss I love and co-workers who are like family members. Been here nearly 20 years and that pretty much says it all. My workplace is a safe place to spend the day, with like-minded people who care about each other. I am blessed. Thanks for starting the August Happiness Challenge. It's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that your walk and lunch did the trick! Very nice!

    And I'm sorry your boss is being a dick again/still.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.