Saturday, August 27, 2016
1) This video for this song begins with Adele and her flip phone. Is your cell phone a simple or a smart phone? It's a smartie. An LG Leon with a cracked screen. I kinda like the spiderweb effect.
2) As soon as her cell is fully charged, Sam disconnects the adapter from the outlet to save electricity. Are you careful about conserving energy? I'm a good little recycler, but I'm bad with electricity and dripping faucets.
3) Adele sings that she must have a called a thousand times but her former lover never picked up. Think about the last call you made. Did you get through? Did you leave a voice mail? Or did you just hang up? The last call I made was to check my home voicemail. Yes, I got through. I listened to a message from my optometrist.
4) Adele brews a cup of tea in the video. How often do you drink tea? Year round? Only in winter? Never? Only when I'm chilled.
5) Adele told Glamour magazine she like two sugars in her tea. Do you watch your sugar intake? Not at all. Though I should.
6) This song is about reaching out to someone and extending an apology. When is the last time you said, "I'm sorry?" Friday to a guy at work. Only it wasn't an apology. He was telling me his girlfriend spent Thursday in the hospital having tests.
7) Adele was a heavy smoker who enjoyed the habit and didn't quit until 2015, after doctors convinced her it contributed to her chronic throat problems. What's something you know you should do for your health? Eat less sugar and fat. Exercise more. Drink more water.
8) Even though she is one of the world's highest-earning entertainers, she recently had her credit card rejected while shopping at H and M. She admits she was "mortified." Have you ever experienced that moment at the counter when your card was rejected? Not in decades.
9) Random question: When you were a kid, did you keep a neat or messy bedroom? It was messy then, just as it's messy now.