Sunday, July 03, 2016

I'm hopelessly low brow

Today's church service featured opera and opera music. This was to drum up awareness and support for a local opera company that works with at-risk kids in tough neighborhoods. The goal is to use the emotionalism of the music to inspire these teens to express themselves artistically.

It's a laudable goal.

But I simply hate opera. My mind was wandering all over the place as the soprano sang. If I have to sit through one of those solos, I want to be rewarded with Harpo Marx. That's how it happens in the movies, you know.




1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. Opera is a worthwhile thing to have, but I'm not a fan. I don't even like Phantom of the Opera. Love me some Harpo, though.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.