Sunday, July 03, 2016

I'm hopelessly low brow

Today's church service featured opera and opera music. This was to drum up awareness and support for a local opera company that works with at-risk kids in tough neighborhoods. The goal is to use the emotionalism of the music to inspire these teens to express themselves artistically.

It's a laudable goal.

But I simply hate opera. My mind was wandering all over the place as the soprano sang. If I have to sit through one of those solos, I want to be rewarded with Harpo Marx. That's how it happens in the movies, you know.




1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. Opera is a worthwhile thing to have, but I'm not a fan. I don't even like Phantom of the Opera. Love me some Harpo, though.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!