Friday, September 11, 2015

That was one in a row

Yesterday my oldest friend began an intensive program of group therapy aimed at helping her cope with her bipolar disorder. 9 to 3, five days a week, for 6-8 weeks. In addition to talk therapy, they will be monitoring her meds intake very closely and counseling her one-on-one about how to cope with her condition. I think this is just terrific!

Except that she didn't go in today. Tummy trouble.

I hope she truly commits to this, for it could provide her with support and social interaction she's sorely missed since moving to Los Angeles. I also like the idea of someone looking at her prescriptions in total and making sure that the drugs she takes for her moods aren't conflicting w
ith the antibiotics or her heart meds. (After just one day they already made a switch.) It's time for her to see progress and feel better about life.

I know it sounds strange to say, but I hope she's really unable to leave her bathroom today. Anything short of that, and I think she should be off the couch and with her group. (The Gal worries.)

Oh well, at least she'll be home when the cake pops arrive. I sent her these six celebratory confections through ProFlowers because I didn't want to introduce flowers or plants into a multicat household.


1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a fantastic opportunity for your friend! I'm with you in hoping she is ill and not avoiding.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!