Friday, July 03, 2015

It's like coming home

My first trip to Wrigley Field since the renovation! I admit I was a little apprehensive. I love this place sooooo much and I hate to think of anyone messing with it. But it's that great old, hand-operated scoreboard beneath flags flapping in the breeze that really means home to me, and as you can see, she's still there in all her glory.


My friend John and I were celebrating his (gulp) 60th birthday. The weather was beautiful and the park was awesome -- we sang the stretch with former Cub Ryan Dempster and Cub legend, the late Harry Caray. I shot this rather blurry photo with my own little camera. Here's how the scene looked to those watching at home.

Unfortunately, the good guys lost 2-1. But I'm a Cub fan, so I won't let the outcome steal my joy. Besides, I know tomorrow we'll filet those damn Marlins.


1 comment:

  1. Glad your birthday outing was fun, even though the team lost. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.