Friday, July 03, 2015

It's like coming home

My first trip to Wrigley Field since the renovation! I admit I was a little apprehensive. I love this place sooooo much and I hate to think of anyone messing with it. But it's that great old, hand-operated scoreboard beneath flags flapping in the breeze that really means home to me, and as you can see, she's still there in all her glory.


My friend John and I were celebrating his (gulp) 60th birthday. The weather was beautiful and the park was awesome -- we sang the stretch with former Cub Ryan Dempster and Cub legend, the late Harry Caray. I shot this rather blurry photo with my own little camera. Here's how the scene looked to those watching at home.

Unfortunately, the good guys lost 2-1. But I'm a Cub fan, so I won't let the outcome steal my joy. Besides, I know tomorrow we'll filet those damn Marlins.


1 comment:

  1. Glad your birthday outing was fun, even though the team lost. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!