Saturday, March 14, 2015

The smiles returning to the faces

It was a pleasure to walk around outside today. I wore a t-shirt, jeans and my Cubs jacket. NO BOOTS! The sky was pale blue, the clouds were fluffy and white, and everyone I passed seemed happy. Especially the competing Girl Scouts, selling cookies on either side of the street. They were so cute I was tempted to buy a box from both of them, but they are $4/box and I'm trying to economize.

On days like this I feel sorry for those who have warm weather all year around. Do they get a lift from these first glorious spring days, the way we here in Chicagoland do?


2 comments:

  1. the cookies are good but not for 4 bucks. i'd rather give a donation and be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely day. Those first few warm days are like heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.