Saturday, March 14, 2015

The smiles returning to the faces

It was a pleasure to walk around outside today. I wore a t-shirt, jeans and my Cubs jacket. NO BOOTS! The sky was pale blue, the clouds were fluffy and white, and everyone I passed seemed happy. Especially the competing Girl Scouts, selling cookies on either side of the street. They were so cute I was tempted to buy a box from both of them, but they are $4/box and I'm trying to economize.

On days like this I feel sorry for those who have warm weather all year around. Do they get a lift from these first glorious spring days, the way we here in Chicagoland do?


2 comments:

  1. the cookies are good but not for 4 bucks. i'd rather give a donation and be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely day. Those first few warm days are like heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!