Sunday, March 22, 2015

In praise of smaller bills

Cab drivers hate $20s, and make me feel guilty when I pay with a Jackson. Yet all the ATMs in town dispense are $20s.

Sometimes all I need is $50, not $60. Since all the ATMs in town dispense are $20s, I end up with $60 and that $10 goes unaccounted for -- probably wasted.

That's why I'm so excited about the groovy new ATMs at Chase. You can get $5s, $10s and even singles!

So far the new ATMs are only inside one of my nearby branches, not in the vestibule, so I have to hit it during normal business hours. And their design is a little annoying -- too Jetsons for me. But those are small quibbles.

I will never again have to face cabbie scorn!




2 comments:

  1. happy to know i am not the only one who hates only getting 20's...ugh!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I have never seen an ATM that dispenses anything other than 20s. Though my sister says she used to go to one that dispensed fives.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!