Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Gratitude Challenge -- Day 5

"Every day for 30 days, celebrate what you're grateful for, corresponding to the theme of the day." 

Day #5 -- Transportation


Every workday I take the CTA Green Line at least once. That's when I find myself in the middle of the biggest melting pot imaginable. It's not unusual to see a woman clutching a Michael Kors bag on her lap seated next to a homeless with his belongings in a grocery bag and a half-smoked cigarette tucked behind his ear. I'm grateful for the el not only because it's convenient, but it helps me stay grounded and connected to my neighborhood.

2 comments:

  1. I envy your access to public transportation. It isn't a reality here in Very Northern Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Kwizzie, I envy your access to public transportation. I couldn't live in a "the big city" but just the same, I envy the access to everything of those who do. I've only ever ridden the T, the Boston subway, which is partly elevated. It was a crazy, ramshackle, rattle-y thing back in the early 80s, and I thought it very, very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.