1) Eagles lead singer Glenn Frey proclaims that he's "feeling strong." How would you describe yourself this fine Saturday? I'm fine. I'm just really annoyed by the angry red zit on my chin. HOW MUCH LONGER WILL I HAVE TO DEAL WITH ZITS?
2) The song begins with a rumor: "I heard some people talking just the other other day ..." Have you heard anything juicy/interesting lately? Please share! My nephew shared with me that his mom (my kid sister) wants to her family to celebrate her 25th wedding anniversary in California and that they'll stay with (gulp) our older sister. Our older sister is a stone bitch. This is not going to go well. I'm glad I'm just sitting in the stands, munching on popcorn and watching this one. I'm not in this family drama.
3) When "Already Gone" was popular, the news was dominated by Richard Nixon and the Watergate scandal. What do you consider today's top news story? Castro and Rizzo representing my Cubs on the All Star squad.
4) In the 1970s, Eagles Glenn Frey and Don Henley were at the center of a social circle of very creative people, including singer Linda Ronstadt, singer-songwriter Jackson Browne and actor-comedian Steve Martin. How do you express your creativity? I write. I'm a writer by trade.
5) Even though they broke up in 1980, the Eagles are currently on a reunion tour, and after knowing each other more than 40 years, Frey and Henley still consider each other friends. What quality to do you value most in a friendship? Can you make me laugh? Will you be there for me? In exchange, I promise I'll make you laugh and I'll always be there for you.
6) Are there any mirrors in the room you're in right now? No. Which is fine because of the aforementioned zit.
7) What's the last beverage you drank with ice? I don't remember exactly but I'm sure it was Coke.
8) Whole, skim, 2%, half-and-half, almond or soy ... what kind of milk is in your refrigerator right now? 2%