1) Was last night a good night for you? Or were you singing the blues? It really was fine. I didn't do much -- tired from a lot of drama at work -- but relaxing and I woke up happy this morning.
2) In this song, Rosemary Clooney sings about hearing "big talk" she didn't quite believe. What's the last fib, tall tale or out and out lie you heard? Thursday we were talking about our client's major (3-5 year) project and my boss completely contradicted a story he told me last year. Which is the truth and which is the fib? I don't know. It's quite frustrating.
3) Rosemary Clooney has a well-known nephew -- George, the Oscar winner and frequent People magazine cover story. Do you have any nieces or nephews? My favorite niece is 21 and off learning to become a chef in Michigan. My favorite nephew is 13 and about to graduate from jr. high.
4) Ms. Clooney married the same man twice. They married, had five children and divorced. Then three years later, they tried again ... and divorced again. Have you ever been tempted to give it another try with one of your former loves? I have fantasized about it, played "what if?" in my head a lot, but never really done it.
5) Singers as diverse as Linda Ronstadt, Bette Midler and Amy Winehouse have said they admired and were influenced by Rosemary Clooney. If you could meet any artist (singer, writer, actor, director, painter, musician ...), who would it be? Sue Grafton, who writes the Kinsey Milhone alphabet mysteries. She just gave us "W" is for Wasted, so I fear we're reaching the end! What does she have planned for our heroine? Is she going to miss Kinsey?
6) 1952, the year this record was a hit, is also the year the "Big Bang Theory"
7) Sam Winters just broke her right thumbnail. While she won't go so far as saying it has her singing the blues, she must admit it bugs her. What little annoyances are you dealing with today? A zit on my chin. REALLY? At this stage in my life I still have to deal with pimples?
8) The house next door to Sam's has a FOR SALE on the lawn. Are you contemplating a move? No. I like my neighborhood and I hate moving.
9) What's your search engine of choice: Google, Bing, Yahoo or Ask? When I upgraded my Firefox, suddenly Yahoo just appeared as the go-to search engine, so I've been using that again. Yes, I am that lazy.