Wednesday, October 09, 2013

WWW.WEDNESDAY

To play along, just answer the following three questions ...

• What are you currently reading? W Is for Wasted by Sue Grafton. Just started it, so I can't really say much about the mystery at the heart of the book. I am happy to report that the Pitts siblings have already made an appearance, and it looks like Henry is going to share his home with a stray cat he's named Ed.

• What did you recently finish reading? Lennon Revealed by Larry Kane. As a lifelong Beatle fan, I've read many, MANY books about The Lads and do recommend this one. The author not only actually knew John, he's a mainstream journalist -- not a fan or an entertainment writer. If there's a book-loving Beatle fan on your gift list, I suggest you consider this one. (Today would be John's birthday, so I'm glad I got to mention him.)

• What do you think you’ll read next? Five Days at Memorial about the Memorial Medical Center in New Orleans and how they coped during the crisis of Katrina. I meant to be read this now, and did in fact start it, but it was too intense for my state of mind just now. I'll return to it in a few weeks.

To see how others responded, click here.


4 comments:

  1. Love that photo in your post header.

    I have W is for Wasted. Haven't read it yet.

    ENJOY your week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My W...W...W...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been debating whether or not I want to read Memorial . . . I just don't think I'm up for such an emotionally draining book right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Five Days at Memorial is on my TBR list too, hope you enjoy! Here's my link http://wp.me/p32hC2-pe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do actually have a Beatles fan on my holiday shopping list! Now I know what to get. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!