Saturday, October 26, 2013

Demographics are destiny

I spent today in the town I grew up in (aka, the town I left). I got my hair cut and then I walked to the train (cheaper than a cab) and found myself in the thick of the village's Halloween celebration.

The costumes were soooo different than in my town! Today I saw lots of superheroes and soldiers with sabres and guns. I didn't realize how unpopular weapons are in my very PC community until I encountered little boys brandishing them. And, to be fair, one little girl, who was in full police regalia -- including badge, hat and gun. Here in my town, even the ninjas were unarmed.

The towns are 20 minutes -- and a lifestyle -- apart.


1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. I don't get trick or treaters anymore, so I've lost touch with what little kids wear. High schoolers don't count,

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!