1) Have you ever carefully set up dominos and then watched them fall? Or built a house out of playing cards? Nope. I have neither patience nor steady hands.
2) In this week's song, Big Pink lead vocalist Robbie Furze sings, "The hottest love has the coldest end." Have you ever had a relationship that started out so promisingly and passionately but then quickly flamed out? No. I've never had a relationship quickly flame out. They die slow, torturous deaths.
3) This is from Big Pink's CD, A Brief History of Love. What about your personal history of love? How many times would say you have truly been in love? Three
4) Nicki Minaj sampled this song for her own, "Girls Fall Like Dominos." Nicki won't be back on American Idol this season. Is your reaction a) delight or b) sadness or c) a yawn. I couldn't watch Nicki and Mariah. Hopefully the handsome duo of Harry Connick and Keith Urban will draw me back in.
5) While nationally the news centers on foreign policy and the economy, Sam's hometown
is abuzz over the new Asian-fusion restaurant on Main Street and whether it can get a liquor license. What's the big local story where you are? Da Bears. Seems that when Brian Urlacher retired, Jay Cutler didn't say goodbye and his feelings are hurt. No, really.
6) Mary Jane Kelley is believed to be the fifth and final victim of Jack the Ripper. OK, now it's your turn. Share a random fact that's rattling around in your brain. Cats who have extra toes on their front paws are often called "mitten cats" or "Hemingway cats" but the proper term is "polydactyl."
7) Crazy Sam cursed last night when she dropped a can of tomato paste on her foot. (Hey! It really hurt!) When was the last time you swore? I can't remember. Which is unusual because I have a notorious potty mouth.
8) Sam has a grocery bag filled with hoodies and t-shirts she no longer wants and plans to
take them to The Salvation Army store. What do you do with your gently used clothes? Toss them or donate them or hand them down to a friend or relative? Goodwill. I'm a big fan. They do good work, and I'm always impressed by how friendly and helpful the personnel is at my local store/drop-off location.
9) Do you blush easily? I don't know. No one has ever commented on it.