Saturday, August 03, 2013

2013 August Happiness Challenge -- Day 3

Today's happiness: State Farm. A very official-looking envelope came from State Farm yesterday and I immediately set it aside. I have two policies with them -- long-term care and homeowner's -- and I just didn't feel like dealing with an unexpected bill this month, when I'm running short.

Well, this morning I opened and found a refund for $260. YEA! It seems I overpaid my homeowner's premium. I checked my Quicken and didn't immediately find it. But yes, I used my State Farm Dollars (a reward for using my State Farm Bank Visa) to pay, and then cut a check. They caught it immediately and sent me a refund.

I'm grateful that they're honest because I never would have caught it. And I'm happy, happy, happy that it came NOW, when I'm having a hard time making ends meet.


5 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you! Love unexpected money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. posted and yea for a refund! those are the best! money always make me happy, no matter the amount!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would make me HAPPY as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surprise money is always something to be happy about! I had a similar experience when my paycheck came. Since I worked at a school during the school year, I thought my paychecks would end when the job ended. But apparently they divide up your annual salary by 12 months instead of 10 months, so you keep on getting paid over the summer! Definitely one of the best things to find in your mail box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how unexpected money seems to find us when we need it most.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.