Saturday, March 09, 2013

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Midnight Train to Georgia
 

1) Have you ever been to the Atlanta? In the city proper? Only the airport. But I have gone from Hartsfield to a town called Braselton, home of the completely wonderful Chateau Elan Spa. I'd love to return there someday (maybe 2015?).
 
2) Do you enjoy traveling by train? Yes. I take the el to and from work each day and enjoy taking short trips by Amtrak. It's relaxing.
 
3) "Midnight Train to Georgia" is Sam Winters' signature number at the karaoke bar. What's your go-to song when you take the mic? I don't have one because I'm utterly tone deaf. So instead I'll share my best friend's favorite karaoke song -- "Friends in Low Places."

4) Do you drink tea? Only occasionally. On mega cold mornings.

5) What's the most recent thing you purchased for your home? A shower curtain liner.
 
6) Are there dishes in your kitchen sink right now?
Yes. Always.

7) Have you ever been fingerprinted? Yes. When I refinanced my condo, the loan officer took my thumb print.
 
8) What was the last check you wrote? To the electric company.

9) What color are your eyes? Green

9 comments:

  1. I'd love to visit Atlanta. So historic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have "Midnight Train to Georgia" on my iPod. Woo woo! I'd rather be in his world...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Friends in Low Places... I could do a whole blog post about that album. LOL
    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I changed those "I Think We're Alone" lyrics to things like "falling to the ground & you wrap your legs around me and say,'Do me again now - my husband doesn't seem to be around..." and the like

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bud Weiser, WTIT has left a new comment on your post "Saturday 9":

    Georgia is a great state and you must try Atlanta. It's not Chicago, but a great city.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...Friends in Low Places.... i have SO MANY friends that WORE THAT DAMN SONG OUT!@#!@ I change it if it comes on.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been on the el in like a 100 years. I should take me kids up there to experience it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although I'm not a Garth Brooks' fan, that's a good song for friends.
    I've never been interested in Atlanta, but the spa you mentioned looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:04 PM

    you must live in chicago... i'm going there for the first time in may!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.