Sunday Stealing: The Get Out of Jail Free Meme, Part One
1. When you're home alone, do you still close the door when you use the restroom? No.
2. If you have to go grocery shopping, would you rather go alone or with someone? By myself. It goes faster.
3. It's your best friends' birthday, would you buy them a gift even though they didn't buy you one for yours. Yes. I love celebrating birthdays.
4. You win the lottery. Lump sum or small payments over a period of time? Why? If I win $5 million, after taxes my lump sum would be $3 million. Or I could receive $6000/month (after taxes) every month for the next 26 years. Because I'm an old broad, I might entertain the "small" payments. It would be a sure thing to carry me through retirement. I'm not sure I'd invest the $3 million wisely enough to last 26 years. (As you can see, I have given this a lot of thought.)
5. Do you like your music loud or at a reasonable level? Naturally I think I'm listening at a reasonable level. I'm not sure everyone else agrees.
6. Are you a beach person or a snowy mountain person? Beach, I suppose, since I don't ski. But I'm not a big lover of heat and especially not boiling sun. (I'm very pale.)
7. When do you brush your teeth? Morning and lunchtime.
8. Can you watch scary movies alone? Sure. I just don't like gore, whether I'm alone or with someone.
9. Soft bed or firm? And in fantasy land, who's in it with you? Firm. Bruce Springsteen.
10. Would you rather stay home all day, or be out and about? Yes. (The perfect day would be a combination of both.)
11. What's one of your worst memories (that you are comfortable sharing)? I worked very hard on Senator Kerry's 2004 Presidential campaign. It did not end well and it broke my heart. And continues to do so. A genuine hero's war record was successfully slimed on behalf of a man who assiduously avoided combat. How did that happen? Then there was waging two wars without the tax increases required to pay for them. And the escalation of the war in Iraq at the expense of Afghanistan. And Katrina. We're still paying for George W. Bush's second term.
12. Do you like to keep the peace or be confrontational? Depends.
13. Are you more likely to be with a large group of people or a few close friends? Close friends.
14. What are your plans for October? I don't have any right now.
16. What is your ideal profession? I like what I do (advertising writing). I just wish I could afford to it to promote not-for-profits and causes I believe in.
17. Are you (or were you) close to your Mom and Dad? I'm close to my mom. My dad died in the 1990s, and our relationship was more than a little complicated.
18. What is one fear that you can't seem to overcome? Air travel. I'm terrified the whole time.
19. Are you good at math? Not remotely. All those calculations on the lottery win? Stolen from a website.
20. Editor's note. There is no question 20. It is sort of like getting a "Get out of Jail Free" card. We will do 21 to 40 next time. Peace & love!