Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Six out of ten!

I don't mean to imply that with today's victory against the Braves that the Cubs are now on their way to World Series rings. On the other hand, the Boys in Cubbie Blue have now won 6 of their last 10, which is very respectable. And this makes me very happy! I truly believe that we have turned a corner, and that the 2012 season won't blow.

I'm singing, "Go, Cubs, go! Go, Cubs, go ..."

And in other Cubbie news, Mayor Rahm Emmanuel is really trying to get the City Council on board to help fund the renovation of the Friendly Confines. I don't live within the city limits, so my opinion doesn't mean (to borrow a phrase) "a hill of beans in this crazy world." Except that I love Wrigley Field easily as much as Rick loved Ilsa, so I hope that somehow this is all worked out for the betterment of the park.


2 comments:

  1. Met my hubby in the bleachers. Go, Cubs, Go!!!!

    And don't disappoint in August, pretty please!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.