Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I Want Wednesday

I want everyone to stop annoying me! Whether it's my art director not even pretending to pay attention in status and then asking me what we talked about … or the coworker I only know on sight walking away from the printer with a stack of paper that I am certain includes something personal of mine* … or our team's resident RWNJ who is just itching to engage me in conversation about what horrible people the NATO protesters are … everyone I see annoys me today.

I am glad that we have Monday off. The Secret Service and Chicago Police have commandeered our building as their HQ because of our proximity to Millennium Park, which I think is way cool. And I need time away from these people!







* The receipt for the Marathon Gas Gift cards I ordered to help out my friend in the Keys. What possible interest could this stranger have in that? Unless now he's thrilled to have my home phone number. AARGH!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're annoyed. It's way cool about the secret service taking over and Monday being a free day for you. My husband is at the stock exchange and they're being asked to access trading from home. He's going in, probably to see commotion. Being told they may not even be able to get out of Union Station.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate everyone, too! Only I teach high schoolers who surround me all day long.

    I'm inspired to schedule my second personal day of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.