Monday, April 09, 2012

Must. Stop. Eating.

Arrived here in Williamsburg a little before noon, just in time to check in to my perfectly adorable little room, and then go to lunch. I had chicken pot pye (as they spelled it back in the day) and this absolutely terrific peanut soup and a frosty lime rum punch. Then I toured one of the old buildings -- an 18th century coffee house (as opposed to tavern) which once played host to George Washington -- and got my gorgeous new spring pedicure (OPI La-Paz-itively Hot). I did 25 minutes of cardio before going to change for dinner.

And, God help me, did I ever have dinner! Scallops wrapped in bacon, sorbet to cleanse my pallet, followed by seared sea bass and a praline/cinnamon concoction for dessert. The meal was really too expensive and I should be ashamed of myself, but I'm not. I even enjoyed listening to the easy-listening tinkling of the ivories that accompanied my meal in The Regency Room, the resort's high-end restaurant. I don't think I can do much more tonight than collapse on my adorable little four-poster canopy dead and sink into a food coma.

Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive. But you know what? If it's not, I won't be too blue. After all, this ol' Gal is on vacation!

4 comments:

  1. it is vacation after all :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G. I am officially jealous (in a good way)! I've got to look up that pedicure color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinner sounds amazing! I'm in the middle of writing a review for the best restaurant meal I've ever had in my life, and I still wanted to try what you had!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must. Have. That praline and cinnamon concoction. Those are two delicious things that are pretty hard to screw up.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.