Saturday, March 17, 2012
Saturday 9: Forget You
1. Have you ever felt that you needed to just forget an ex-lover? I keep trying to forget my most toxic ex, but he keeps popping up in my life, not unlike Glenn Close at the end of Fatal Attraction. I'm kidding, of course, but it's not funny. I don't want him in my life any more. I don't trust him, I don't forgive him, and I wish he would just forget me.
2. Spring picnics and cookouts are here! What would you want to have on your plate as you head back to the table? A burger or a brat, baked beans, potato salad ... the usual.
3. It's St. Patrick's Day, March 17th! Do you celebrate? Drink Green Beer? Go out? I wish I was celebrating. It's freakishly warm here in Chicagoland and I discovered my air conditioner isn't working. So my Saturday will be devoted to dealing with the repairman. I fear he's going to need to take it into the shop and then I'll have to wait around to be here for its return and reinstallation. Oh well, better now than in the dog days of August.
4. Did you remember to wear green today? I will! Thanks for the reminder.
5. What phrase or saying do you over use? "The thing of it is ..."
6. If you could (or could have) change(d) something about your relationship with your parents, what would it be? I need to be more patient with my mother as she ages. As our time together gets shorter, I must concentrate on what really matters.
7. If the NCAA Men's or Women's Final Four basketball tournament was played in your hometown arena or within easy driving distance from where you live, would you try to attend one of the games? No. My attitude toward sports is, to paraphrase Mike Meyers' Scottish father, "If it's not Cubs baseball, it's crap."
8. No matter what's going on in your life, what always makes you smile? Certain songs.
9. We've asked this before: What else is on your mind? Go ahead and rant. I'd really like to go to the movies, but post-Oscars, it's not a good time for it. I don't care about The Hunger Games or 21 Jump Street, so I'm SOL.