Saturday, December 10, 2011

Saturday 9


1. Who or what bores you enough to mentally drift away? I can easily send my mind away to the happy place during staff meetings.

2. How many members of your family not living with you do you see on during the holidays? My (crazy) older sister and her family will be here with us for the first time in more than 25 years. I find this daunting, but I'm determined to roll with it.

3. When spending time with family, how long after you arrive do you begin to feel "antsy" about being there too long? Depends. Thanksgiving wasn't bad at all, but that "gotta move/gotta get out" feeling kicked in after about two hours. Yet I can spend entire afternoons with my mom and nephew. We'll see. I want Christmas 2011 to be a good one.

4. Does your family more generally get along at a holiday gathering or are there generally arguments? Yes. (Depends on the year.)

5. Are you ever embarrassed by your family around friends? No.

6. Of the celebrities that died in 2011, who will you miss the most?


7. When you watch a movie in a movie theater, do you like the theater filled to capacity, halfway full, or nearly empty? Does your answer change depending on the type of movie you're seeing or do you feel the same way regardless of the movie or genre? I don't care. Sorry.

8. What’s one really cool/useful/nice thing you purchased for yourself this year? I splurged a little and stayed in one of the historic houses on the grounds in Colonial Williamsburg. It was more expensive than the perfectly lovely lodge, but it was sooooo cool. (I'm doing it again this spring, too.)

9. Are you in the holiday spirit yet? Yes!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm envious of your Williamsburg retreat!

    And I know just what you mean for #3. I can spend endless time with some family members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family is always arguing too. It's the Irish in us me thinks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we've all got the crazy family members to deal with. Don't even get me started.....

    Enjoy the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.