Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I Want Wednesday

I want this to be behind me. As I write this, I am confirming my appointment with an oncologist. Yes, I saw my gynecologist and he referred me to an oncologist who will see me at 1:30 on August 18. This morning my doctor authorized a CA-125 blood test and he promises to let me know the results tomorrow ... Friday morning at the latest.

Right now, my doctor believes my stapler-cyst is more likely than not benign, but the CA-125 test will give us more (though still not definite) insights. And the cyst itself will have to be surgically removed in tact by my gynecologist and then biopsied, hence the oncologist.

The speed at which this sucker has grown is problematic and worrisome. It is mostly fluid and has not leaked into my uterus or anywhere else, which means even if it is the worst, it's contained.

So, I guess, I have to wait another week or two to put this behind me. I am not happy. But my gynecologist held my hand and hugged me a lot and told me this is not the worst he has ever seen and I should try not to wig out.

Yeah, right.

5 comments:

  1. You're going through a lot. Give yourself a break. Let yourself off the hook. Pamper yourself. Take a bubble bath. Talk to friends.
    I'm sorry you are facing this uncertainty.
    It sounds like your doctors are doing everything thoroughly and the right way, leaving nothing to chance.

    You are in good hands. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How caring of your doctor to reassure you the best he can during this uncertainty. I want this to be over for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. waiting is so hard...not knowing is hard...wow you are having to do both!
    you are in my thoughts and prayers daily.
    sending lots of hugs your way xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good - I'm glad you finally heard back with more info. I always need more info to feel safer/better about medical stuff.

    Hang in there and keep us posted. I've been lurking about waiting to hear. (I suppose I could just email you but don't want to bother you.)

    (HUGGGG)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you're going through such a horrible ordeal. I hope that your test goes well, and that everything will work out fine.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.