Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 24

Being known so well. Out of the blue, my best friend sent me a work-related memo to critique. Since we no longer work for the same agency and consequently don't know each other's projects backward and forward anymore, it took me a little time to figure out what it should say, and then to revise it so he's presenting his point-of-view in the clearest possible way.

We used to do this all the time. He has good, sound ideas, but he's not terribly visual. A little bold here, a few bullets there, breaking up his single seemingly endless paragraph helps. And I was happy to be of service. He hasn't asked me to help like this in a while.

When I sent it back to him, he responded with: "Thank you. Now was that a distraction?"

So he knew how tough days like yesterday are for me, he knows that if I'm left to my own devices I'm just going to obsess, and he was trying to keep my mind off my future surgery. It made me smile.


1 comment:

  1. It's nice when your bestie really gets you, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.