Tuesday, August 02, 2011

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 2

My cats make me happy. I am mega moody today. My last day off and I was having (long) previously scheduled tests. Even though I just had them done as a precaution, they will be useful to my doctor as he decides how to treat my stapler-sized cyst. The thing of it is, my gyne is on vacation until next week, so I just have to wait patiently to find out how we proceed. And waiting patiently is sooooooo not my strong suit.

So I bounce between being annoyed by the process to anxious about the variables (what will be done, when, and how much time off work) to scared by the word "biopsy" to happy as I relive my two nights with Sir Paul at my beloved Wrigley Field. And I'm sick of this freaking heat.

Which is why my cats are a treasure. Each has an individual personality -- Charlotte is imperious and possessive, Joey is a happy and lovable tub of guts who wants nothing more than a good head rub, and Reynaldo is a wild man, fascinated by every aspect of life. They are living, breathing distractions that keep me in touch with nature. I love watching them. I bask in their affection. I am grateful for them.

2 comments:

  1. My dogs make me happy (almost) everyday. Right now my little dog is sitting next to me on the couch...his head resting on my hand. Granted, it's making typing a bit difficult but I won't push him away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you ever wonder what they do when you're out?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.