Saturday, January 01, 2011

A Fine Time

The first day of 2011, also my last full day in Key West, was a fun one. Lunch by the sea, enjoying margaritas and the sunset on the rooftop, a good movie (The King's Speech) at a beautiful, old-fashioned movie palace, and a late dinner of Thai food. When I get back home, I'll post all manner of tales and photos.

When I get home ...

I'm ready. I spent ten hours with my friend today and that's too long. I miss my cats, I miss my home, I miss my alone time.

He's been nothing but delightful and gracious. It's not him, it's me. I have lived alone too long.

I just wish I could get home without flying.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice time and I hear you about the alone thing. I go bonkers if I'm with people too long. All that noise, stimulation and having to be "on" wears me out.

    Hope your flight home is/was uneventful.

    Await your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get antsy if I'm around people too.

    What a gorgeous photo. Safe travels home. I can't wait to hear your stories.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.