26. Do you like someone? I like lots of people …
27. The last song you listened to? Sunday Morning by Maroon 5, coincidentally enough
28. What time of day were you born? I was born at the stroke of midnight between November 21 and 22. The stroke of midnight does not exist legally, so the hospital told my mom she had to choose -- 11:59 or 12:01. She was still quite doped up (I was a big baby) and confused about what she was asked, but she chose 12:01, which made it 11/22. Astrologers love this story because I was born on the cusp of a cusp.
29. What’s your favorite number? 7
30. Where did you live in 1987? A three-room apartment on the other side of the tracks from where I live now. It had the most terrific clawfoot bath tub.
31. Are you jealous of anyone? Yes
32. Is anyone jealous of you? Probably
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened? In my living room, tying my shoes, getting ready to run out the door and catch the 8:10 train, when I heard Matt Lauer say the second plane hit and so clearly, the first plane wasn't an accident. I will never forget a moment of that awful morning.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Feel very frustrated
35. Do you consider yourself kind? I try to be
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? Left shoulder. No reason, that's just the first location that popped into my mind.
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? Spanish. I'm taking lessons in January.
38. Would you move for the person you loved? Yes
39. Are you touchy feely? With critters, certainly, and often with people I care about
40. What’s your life motto? "What man has done, man may do"
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times? Silver band on my left hand, lapis ring on my right hand, and earrings
42. What’s your favourite town/city? Chicago, home of the Cubs, Millennium Park and me
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? Train fare ($1.50)
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? My cousin Rosemary, about two weeks ago. I just got a snail mail letter from her yesterday, so she'll also be the next person I write a letter to.
45. Can you change the oil on a car? No. But then, I don't have a car.
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry? Mid-1800s on my paternal grandmother's side.
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy? I have a low threshold for "fancy," so you may not be impressed. But it was dark slacks, dark blouse and jacket. The occasion was a night at the theater.
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now? I have a painful bruise on my left arm, and no, I have no recollection of how I got it. I'm a natural klutz.
50. Have you been burned by love? Yes. But hasn't everyone?