Friday, August 13, 2010

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Superstition

1. What are you superstitious about? Airplane travel.

2. What’s the story behind one of your scars? One Good Friday when I was about 10, I was jumping on my bed, all excited about the prospect of coloring eggs, and somehow missed, cracking my chin on my dresser. At the Emergency Room, they didn't believe my parents that I missed my entire bed Maybe it was because my dad was both covered in my blood and seemed royally pissed that this was how he was spending his day off, but the nurse wanted to give me the opportunity to reveal any abuse I'd suffered at their hands. She asked my parents to leave the room for a moment, and I vaguely remember her saying, "We're alone here." I completely didn't understand and thought, like, "Duh. I may be a kid but I can count to two. I know we're alone." I just thought she was an idiot. I was worried about stitches and wanted to get them over with.

3. What are three things that you would rather be doing right now? Making love, having sex, doing "it."

4. What do you do when you're bored? Farting around on the internet.

5. What's your favorite thing to do? Why? See #3. It's been so long, I'm not sure I even remember why. Just a primal urge, I guess.

6. What do you do when you're lonely? I don't get lonely very often. But when I do, I drink and cry. Or go the movies. They're both good.

7. How do you measure the passing of time in life? I don't understand the question. Calendar?

8. What would constitute "the perfectly lived day" for you? If I go to sleep happy and think I've learned something.

9. If you knew you were going to die in a year, what would you do in your final days? See #3.

6 comments:

  1. loved your response to #2.
    Glad to know something about you this morning :)

    Have a great day!

    http://dwivedi2326.blogspot.com/2010/08/saturday-9-superstition.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little brother cut open his chin the same way. It was the first time my mom left me home alone in charge of my little sisters at night (they were in bed).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking #3 is calling for you. I hate flying since I knew someone killed in a crash once. I still have to fly though.

    Have a great Saturday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/08/ever-stay-in-a-haunted-hotel/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your answer for #8. That is the recipe for a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #7 kind of stumped me too. Have a great Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It did seem that the same question was rephrased 9 times. BTW, if you just click the link without change your url, it sends the viewer to a different post. It sent meme top a queens meme. Check it out and see what I mean at the Sat-9 site.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.