Saturday, July 03, 2010

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing: The Eighty Meme, Part Two

23. Are your days fast-paced? Not lately.

24. What did you do last night? Took my friend out to a movie and his birthday dinner.

25. Do you use sarcasm? Me? Never!

26. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 53. It hurts to see the numerals. Fifty-three. There, that's a little better.

27. Are you picky about spelling and grammar? Less so than other writers I know.

28. Do you get along better with the same sex or the opposite sex? It depends on the individual.

29. Do you watch the news? Almost obsessively.

30. How did you get one of your scars? I have a scar on my left thigh that dates back to The Earthquake of 08. There was a 5.2 tremor in Southern Illinois and we felt it up here in Chicagoland. I don't know if it was the quake that awakened me or my cat's reaction, but we were both frightened and as he leaped off the bed, he scratched me.

31. Who was the last person to make you mad? My mom. Sometimes she sees problems where they don't exist.

32. What is the last big thing you purchased? My new camera. I used it to take the above photo of Joey.

33. Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours? My TV boyfriend, Leroy Jethro Gibbs.

34. What is a rumour someone has spread about you? That a coworker and I were lovers. We weren't.

35. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator? Depends on who I'm with. (Nudge nudge, wink, wink)

36. T or F: All’s fair in love and war? T

37. Do you know how to use some words correctly, but not know the meaning? Nope.

38. Do you know which US states don’t use Daylight Savings Time? Nope.

39. Do you want a bright yellow ‘06 mustang? Nope.

40. What’s something you’ve always wanted? A winning lottery ticket.

41. Would you rather swim in the ocean or a lake? Lake.

42. Do you wear a lot of black? Yes. More than I should, according to Stacy and Clinton.

43. Describe your hair: short and reddish brown.

44. Where is/are your best friend(s)? Boulder, CO

7 comments:

  1. I used to live in Boulder. It got too expensive. Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to live in Boulder, or that general area for at least a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to live so very close to Boulder for nearly 45 years. Oh and I didn't realize that earthquakes were so far north...just a few weeks ago one near Canada...I learn something by reading blogger's blogs.

    Stop by My Theft - if you can find time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sitting on the potty when that earthquake hit. Talk about being freaked out!
    Enjoy your Sunday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/07/68-dogs-in-10-minutes/

    Join us for Monday Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good answers. Until I read this meme and comments, I didn't realise so many people live/lived in Boulder, Colorado (I wasn't even sure if it was a real place, since the only time I'd come across it previously was because Mork and Mindy lived there). If it hurts to see 53 in numerals, you must hate the Herbie movies. Glad I've never been caught in an Earthquake, hope they don't happen too often there. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've wanted that lottery winning ticket, too! Small world. Happy 4th my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is it about the numerals that makes them harder to admit than the written number?

    Loved your Sarcasm answer. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.