Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lovin' Lee & Crystal

I could be watching the NCIS finale on CBS -- an episode sure to pack an emotional punch. Or I could be watching the Cubs take on the Dodgers within the Friendly Confines. But I'm going with the American Idol finals. And I'm not sorry.

Crystal is really in a special place tonight. Lee DeWyze is my sentimental favorite, and I wish he'd sung "That's Life" instead of "The Boxer," but he's redeeming himself right now with "Beautiful Day." Touch me … teach me ...

Crystal is in the zone. Can't wait to hear what she sings.

I'll switch to the Cubs game at 8:00. (4th inning, maybe?) Comcast On Demand should begin showing the NCIS finale tomorrow. (All I have to do is avoid Googling for spoilers.) And I'll continue thoroughly enjoying Crystal and Lee.

And Simon. I can't imagine Idol next year without him. I'm getting a little sloshed on Pearl Pomegranate Vodka in his honor. Here's to ya, Mr. Cowell! You will be missed.

2 comments:

  1. Cheers! Here's to Lee & Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The twitter peeps were all kinds of fun last night. LOL That's the only reason I'm even watching this year. Crystal did a fabulous last song and I even texted a few votes for her because I heard that Lee was ahead on DialIdol. Not like 10 votes will save her and it's not like 2 years ago when I texted and called for four hours straight for you know who but it's something.

    She deserves to win, IMO.

    Oh yeah, Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.