TEN THINGS I'D RATHER BE DOING
THAN COMPLETING THE PROJECT AT HAND
2. Starting a new book (I can't decide which one from my daunting TBR list)
3. Listening to the amazing, exhaustive 4-disc Dusty Springfield anthology I just received yesterday
4. Writing to my friend in the Keys, letting him know that for his birthday this December, I already have a reservation for us at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Restaurant. As a local, he doesn't get to do many of the more fun, tourist-y things unless I'm visiting.
5. Drinking pomegranate-laced vodka on ice. (Jimmy Buffett makes this gal's mind turn to booze, in more ways than one.)
7. Petting a cat. That's the glory of having three at home -- one of them always needs a little attention.
8. Sending a little something to an old neighbor. Back when I was in high school, I cared for this woman's sons and daughter. She has been very good about keeping in touch with me over the years and across the miles, and I want to let her know that the house she lived in -- way back when -- is for sale again. I think she'd really enjoy seeing the flyer.
9. Getting out of these freaking support hose and in touch with my feminine side by reading the latest issues of Glamour, Allure or More -- all of which are home, just waiting for me!
10. Looking back on the project at hand, satisfied that I have done it well!