Monday, February 08, 2010

Movie Monday


This week's movie topic is all about Bugs...

Movies that feature insects. Share on your blog others instances of those crawly critters and link back here at The Bumbles. And don't forget to visit your fellow participants!

One great lady springs instantly to mind: Charlotte A. Cavatica. She, who spun Charlotte's Web. In the latest version, she's voiced by Julia Roberts, who sounds very wise and soothing and lives up to how Charlotte's friend, Wilbur, eulogized her: "a true friend and a good writer." If my life can be summed up the same way as that spider's, I'll die a happy woman.

Steve Buscemi is a suitably ambivalent Templeton, and Robert Redford does a good job as the rather skittish horse, Ike, too. But Charlotte has been a heroine of mine since my mother read me the book, and to this day I when I encounter I spider, I try to catch and release.



5 comments:

  1. charlotte's web is one of my favorite "bug" stories too. I've never seen this new version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, excellent selection!
    WordTrix

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen that version of the movie I will have to rent it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice. I loved the book, but have yet to see a movie version of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific tribute to your childhood favorite. I could have used you at bar trivia last week - one question asked for 4 of the words Charlotte spun in her web. I only guessed one - PIG. :0(

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.