Monday, February 15, 2010

Movie Monday




This week's movie topic is all about Winter...

Share your selections that feature snow and freezing cold and link back here at The Bumbles.

The one that sprang immediately to mind is Little Women. While these pictures are from the most recent Winona-Ryder-as-Jo version, the winter scenes are all either fun or exciting in all three versions. I remember Jo burning her skirt time and again in front of the fireplace ... snowball fights with Laurie, the boy next door ... sharing their breakfast on Christmas morning ... Amy (that's Kirsten Dunst) falling through the ice ... The March girls are always all bundled up, and it's not just out of 19th Century modesty!

Of course, I guess I should also say that (1) Jo March is one of all-time favorite heroines and (2) I like winter.



4 comments:

  1. A-ha! Of course - such a classic. Jo is one of my heroes too. But I hate winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A week or two ago I was watching the most recent Little Women, I was surprised at how close it stayed from the book-or at least what I remember about the book from when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good example. Can't beat the Katharine Hepburn version, though!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.