Sunday, February 14, 2010

I made egg salad!

Yes, the least domestic blogger ever made herself a meal! The highlight was hardboiling the eggs in the microwave. No explosions. Here's how I did it (reposted here so I won't forget about the vinegar).

Step 1
Fill the microwaveable cooking dish with enough water to cover the eggs with at least an inch of water, but don’t put the eggs in the water yet.

Step 2
Add about a tablespoon of vinegar and a tablespoon of salt. This will keep the eggs from cracking and will make them easier to peel

Step 3
Place the container of water in the microwave and heat it to a full boil.

Step 4
Remove the container of boiling water from the microwave and place the eggs carefully in the water. Cover the container with a plate to keep the heat in, and to keep the mess contained if an egg explodes.

Step 5
Return the container to the microwave oven and set the oven on low or low-medium. Cook the eggs for eight minutes.

Step 6
Take the container of eggs out of the microwave oven and let the eggs stand in the hot water for another eight to 10 minutes, depending how “done” you want your eggs.

Step 7
Let the eggs cool enough to handle, and then peel and eat them. If you want to save them for later use, don’t peel them, but store them in the refrigerator.

3 comments:

  1. I am impressed. I love egg salad but have it very rarely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me right up until Step 5 and then I decided it was entirely too much effort and if I want HB eggs, I would just boil them.

    But rock on with your domestic badass!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.