Wednesday, December 09, 2009

In the mail

This year's cards are in the mail. Makes me happy to share the Christmas spirit with those in my life.

My cards are store bought -- not special, one-of-a-kind, personally-designed ones like Vivian creates -- but they do benefit the American Humane Association, one of my favorite charities. Dogs and cats are like corks on the water who have little or no control over where they end up. It's important to remember our responsibility to them during the holiday season.

Speaking of remembering ...the cat on this card looks a great deal like my Tara, one of my shelter rescues. She and I had almost 10 years together before she died in the 1990s. A petite girly-girl and a gallant little soul.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the plug...I wish I could send you a card!
    I love cards...as you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I haven't sent cards in the last few years, for economic and ecologic reasons, but I do try to remember the critters this time of year with a donation of cash, blankets or other goodies to the local shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to get my cards finished. Time's really ticking for me. Egads! I've got some St. Jude's cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sniff sniff* you're making me misty eyed with your bobbing cork analogy for the pets of the world. Andy just sent me a link to a story about a tabby living in one of Boston's subway stations for the last few months that was finally caught and adopted by one of the train drivers. The kitty is now warm and safe and snug in a happy home, just in time for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.