Saturday, October 10, 2009
Saturday 9: Lie to Me
1. Can you tell when someone is lying to you? Sometimes. Not always. It's not like I have a sixth sense or anything.
2. Tell us about one of your flaws. Do you live with it or try to correct it? I'm a slob and a packrat. I wrestle with it periodically.
3. When was the last time you laughed hard and what struck you as funny? My friend, John, and I were comparing notes on recent doings on The Nancy Grace Show. As always, it was in very bad taste and I'm embarrassed to repeat it here. (But it was funny.)
4. Tell us about a time when you should have tried harder. A few times last month (too many times last month) I felt too droopy to workout. Even though I know in my heart that if I had exerted myself and got the blood pumping and the endorphins going, I wouldn't have felt as droopy.
5. If you won the lottery, what would you buy first? Does paying off my credit cards count as buying something? If not, then I'll say buying my mom a series of gift cards that she can use at the grocery store. She hates having to economize at the grocery store.
6. What movie do you know every word to? "You'll never find anyone as good for you as I am, to believe in you as much as I do or love you as much!" That's K-k-k-katie from The Way We Were.
7. What was the best thing that happened to you this week? The bowling party with kids from the community center.
8. What was the worst thing that happened to you this week? Oh, I dunno … A sense of loss that accompanies the end of the baseball season. It may sound corny, but I'm going to miss the Cubs.
9. What do you think is the biggest difference between men and women? This isn't an original observation, I was introduced to it by my shrink: Men talk less. Sometimes it seems that they are allotted a certain number of words in a day and that's it.