Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saturday 9


Saturday 9: Lie to Me

1. Can you tell when someone is lying to you? Sometimes. Not always. It's not like I have a sixth sense or anything.

2. Tell us about one of your flaws. Do you live with it or try to correct it? I'm a slob and a packrat. I wrestle with it periodically.

3. When was the last time you laughed hard and what struck you as funny? My friend, John, and I were comparing notes on recent doings on The Nancy Grace Show. As always, it was in very bad taste and I'm embarrassed to repeat it here. (But it was funny.)

4. Tell us about a time when you should have tried harder. A few times last month (too many times last month) I felt too droopy to workout. Even though I know in my heart that if I had exerted myself and got the blood pumping and the endorphins going, I wouldn't have felt as droopy.

5. If you won the lottery, what would you buy first? Does paying off my credit cards count as buying something? If not, then I'll say buying my mom a series of gift cards that she can use at the grocery store. She hates having to economize at the grocery store.

6. What movie do you know every word to? "You'll never find anyone as good for you as I am, to believe in you as much as I do or love you as much!" That's K-k-k-katie from The Way We Were.

7. What was the best thing that happened to you this week? The bowling party with kids from the community center.

8. What was the worst thing that happened to you this week? Oh, I dunno … A sense of loss that accompanies the end of the baseball season. It may sound corny, but I'm going to miss the Cubs.

9. What do you think is the biggest difference between men and women? This isn't an original observation, I was introduced to it by my shrink: Men talk less. Sometimes it seems that they are allotted a certain number of words in a day and that's it.

3 comments:

  1. I don't find myself in situations where people need to lie to me, so I agree with your answer.

    And I'm totally with you on the flaws. I've got the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Yes, they do talk less... except for my hubby & late gramps.

    Here's mine:

    http://thebookresort.blogspot.com/2009/10/saturday-9-lie-to-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an interesting way to put it - that men appear to be alloted a max word count to use - that certainly applies to a lot of men I know. But I do know a lot of chatterboxes too. I think it is really more personality. I also think that women can't let things go like men do - therefore we go on and on and on about a topic whereas men discuss, move on and wonder why we're still talking.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.