Saturday, September 05, 2009

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing: The Random Dozen Meme

1. When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration? 12-pack of Coke

2. What is something that people are currently “into” that you just don’t get or appreciate? Last week the Entertainment Weekly cover was devoted to a Seinfeld reunion. Yawn.

3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel “ho-hum” about? This week the Entertainment Weekly is devoted to the Beatles and discusses the 14 album reissues.

4. Favorite song to sing in the shower or car? Dancing in the Moonlight ("It's such a fine and natural sight ...)

5. A really great salad must have this ingredient: Cucumber slices

6. What advice in a nutshell would you give to new bloggers? Post often. It's more important to capture the moments of your life than to agonize over every syllable.

7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you? John. I would have had to have been born a boy to get it, and I like being a girl.

8. What in your life are you waiting for? To have enough money put aside to redecorate this condo

9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from? It's a present from my Cousin Rose. I'd have to open it to know what's inside, and I promised her I'd wait until my actual birthday (which isn't until November).

10. Today–what song represents you? My Tears Dry on Their Own by Amy Winehouse

11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself? How lucky I am. Yes, I have been known to battle the blues. But by chronicling my life I have discovered how many things lift my spirits each and every day.

12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you’re wearing today? What do they say about you in general or specifically how you’re feeling today? My Inspi(red) Gap t-shirt was a gift from my friend Mindy back in 2007. I chose it because I hadn't worn it much this summer and soon it will be too chilly to wear it.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your answers. #4 is in my top 5 all-time favorite songs. #6 is one of my fav responses to this question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I love that Amy Winehouse song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that T-shirt! Grats on your weight loss and good luck on the rest of the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I yawned at that Seinfeld cover too. Really, who gives a damn?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait for that new Beatles collection. It should be awesome! Happy Sunday, my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Seinfeld and even *I* am all "whatever" over a reunion. :-)

    Nine out of ten bloggers answered "books" as to what they'd get as a package. You had to be the lone ranger. Sheesh!

    Thanks for always giving me fodder for stealing! Bonus! New people visited casa de Snarkela and I got five comments from them! woo hooo!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.