Saturday, September 05, 2009

My cats amuse me

This morning, I was putting my clean bras away in the drawer. I machine wash them in a mesh bag with a long drawstring. While performing this little task, I was (tunelessly) singing the tune to the theme to the old Green Hornet tv show. (I don't believe it had lyrics.) I was watching a Batman rerun and found myself thinking about the less successful comic-to-TV crime fighter.

Anyway, my cat Reynaldo was watching my every move with bright eyed enthusiasm. I thought to myself, "Does he wonder what I'm singing? Why I'm singing?"

Then I realized he wasn't watching me, he was planning his attack on mesh bag's drawstring.

My cats aren't confused by my more eccentric behavior because they really don't care. Cats tend to treat us with a certain noblesse oblige that comes with descending from Egyptian gods. It makes them good roommates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.