Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday Movie Meme: School


Share movies touching upon the world of education and then link back here at The Bumbles.

Splendor in the Grass. (1961) I saw this on TV when I was in grade school. My takeaway was that if you don't have sex in the car with best-looking boy in school, you'll go crazy and your life will be blighted.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High. (1982) I love this movie because during my high school years, everything and everyone that mattered could be found at the mall.

The Breakfast Club. (1985) Ally Sheedy gave an eerily accurate portrayal of me.

4 comments:

  1. I think I would've picked the movie Teachers, with Nick Nolte. I always liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Points for noting one not mentioned on anyone else's list: Splendor in the Grass!

    My post is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I ever saw Splendor In The Grass. Was it a book too? Because I am familiar with the overall theme.

    I'm still kicking myself for utterly forgetting about Fast Times. As awesome as Sean Penn is as an actor, I still love that role the most :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen Splendor. I'll have to check it out. I missed this week's, but I would have included Breakfast Club (I was Ally Sheedy, too) and Ferris Beuller's Day Off.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.