Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It just gets worse and worse

Here's the latest in the John Edwards saga, as reported today by CNN:

Edwards paid Hunter's production company $114,000 for a series of videos featuring him before and during his 2008 campaign ... Sunny Hostin, a former federal prosecutor, told CNN that if Edwards willfully failed to report payments to his mistress that could be considered campaign contributions, he could face felony charges that carry prison terms of up to five years.

"A lot of this comes down to civil penalties -- $5,000, $25,000, $50,000," Hostin said. "But there are also criminal penalties -- and when a grand jury is convened, that usually is what the prosecutors are looking for. They're looking for a criminal indictment."

I could cry out in disgust that this humiliation and stress is not something Elizabeth Edwards deserves at this time in her life … or rail about how, by his cynical and sleazy behavior, Edwards has let down the poor he championed so eloquently … or express my deep sympathy for the campaign workers and contributors who gave of themselves for a Presidential campaign that never should have been waged ...

But mostly, I guess, I'm disgusted with myself because I was not only attracted to this douchebag, I voted for ROD BLAGOJEVICH. Twice.

God, what's wrong with me?

(I know, it could be worse. I could have voted for John Edwards and been hot for Blago.)

5 comments:

  1. Don't feel so bad. I would have voted for him and I sent him some cash. Not much but some. It's all okay. There's a good discussion going on over at www.balloon-juice.com about all of this.

    I fault him for being a stupid ass. My heart goes out to Elizabeth but all this is between them. I'm sorry he was just arrogant enough to think he could hide this through the elections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would rather have voted for Elizabeth.

    Have they confirmed that he is the father of the mistress's child?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kwizgiver's comment about voting for Elizabeth. Do you know how she is doing? I haven't been keeping up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries. I voted for Ross Perot and actually thought it would make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:58 PM

    Elizabeth is doing fine, she is a fighter. Amazingly, they are still together and he is doing his best to make amends. Of course, too much has transpired but I hope he can give Elizabeth peace soon, and forever.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.