Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday Movie Meme


This week's theme: FEAR
Share on your blog movies that caused you to hide under the covers and then link back here at The Bumbles.

Psycho. I've seen it so many times that I know exactly when the two big shock/horror scenes are coming (the shower scene, of course, and when the detective meets his demise). I also know that as we creep toward the end, when we finally meet Mom, I won't be frightened at all. And yet, when those two big shock/horror scenes come, I'm still scared pissless. I guess that's what makes Hitch the master.

Dressed to Kill. Brian de Palma's homage to Psycho takes the crucial elements, updates them, and also scares me pissless.

I almost included March of the Penguins, because I was so upset when that first, pudgy penguin died that I was on the edge of my seat for the whole rest of the movie, wondering which other cute tuxedo'd bird would get it next. Remember that shocking scene in the water, and how one of the mamas didn't make it back to feed her baby? Can you see why I'm in therapy?

4 comments:

  1. I've never seen Dressed to Kill. I'll have to check it out. March of the Penguins is an interesting include. The trials of life can be pretty intense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! Mine would have to be The Birds. I believe my bird phobia is from that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard a lot about Dressed to Kill but haven't seen it yet. One of the movies I should seek out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! March of the Penguins! You are too funny. I can't watch Animal Planet or those Ntl. Geo. docs that show "the hunt" scenes - you know that 9 out of 10 times you are going to get the maiming versions instead of the ones where the poor gazelle gets away. Safer to just stick with baseball broadcasts.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.