Wednesday, July 01, 2009

My bud's back

My best friend has been strangely quiet lately, way "too busy" to talk or even exchange emails. This worried me, because he's usually one of the most communicative men I know. He'll talk about health, his family, his career, his childhood, his anxieties, his happy moments ... Only one thing is off limits: his marriage. I think that's completely appropriate. Never having been married myself I'm uncomfortable hearing about it, plus his wife deserves that confidentiality. The thing of it is, though, they have been having problems over the last two years or so. As a child of divorce himself, and with his family struggling with matrimony in general a lot lately (his father just split with Wife 2, his sister-in-law separated from her hubby), this weighs particularly heavily on him. So I've been worried about him.

Selfishly, I missed him.

Last night after 9:00 or so, he reemerged and reconnected via email. Naturally he wanted to say he was glad that my mole and I won't have to part company for at least another month. (See below) And then he wanted to talk about her. Farrah. The dream girl of his junior high school days. It made him sad that she suffered so at the end.

I'm glad to have him back. Even more, I'm glad he was comfortable discussing this with me. I guess he knows that, as a lifelong Paul Girl, I would understand.

2 comments:

  1. Did you tell him that everyone in blogland has been looking for him? He shouldn't do that again.
    Tell him the Queen said knock if off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad he's back! That's a relief. And ya, what Mimi said!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.